I've been living here about 3 weeks. I'm working at Pinelake Church in Brandon where I'm doing graphic design. It's amazing how God's timing is so perfect. I honestly did not want to do design when I got home and finally, the Lord opened my eyes to the gift He's given me to use it for his glory. I've been there for a month now and I really like it. The church is amazing as well as the staff. It's growing so much and we usually have up to 5000 on Sunday morning and have small groups during the week. I haven't had a huge chance to get greatly involved yet, but I'm hoping that will happen in the next week or so. The church is a young church, so I've made some great friends there so far.
All is going well. I miss Kenya tons...more some days than others...living here is STILL taking some getting used to. But overall it's fine. I do miss the life over there though and the community.I miss that a ton! Julie, I've missed you so much...knowing I could meet up with you at Village and watch the latest late movie and eat some good food. I was standing in the organic food section today in Kroger staring at a boxed meal (YUK) of Palak Paneer and I was inclined to buy it but realized how horrible it would be and ruin the last meal I ate there.
The hardest thing has been not being able to keep in close touch with everyone there. If any of you in Kenya see The Bartons, Jackson, Erik, Shadrack, Lizzie, Rose, all those guys...oh and IAN...please tell them I said hello and I miss them! i feel like the typical 'American leaving' and I hate that! Please forgive me for being 'lost'! I miss you all!
I'll do my best to take some photos of my apartment and the church so you guys can see where I am and what I'm doing. Julie and Tom, you know this is all for you. My friends here in the states think it's crazy. I MISS YOU!






2 comments:
Girl! I've been wondering where you'dve been. Kim told me a little about your job. Sounds great. Just what you should be doing! We miss you in Kenya too. I'm celebrating 9 months, with 14 more to go. haha. my parents surprised me with a ticket home for Xmas. i'll be there for 10 days. i'm super pumped. I love this place, but i decided i needed to deafrica for ahwile about the same time i had to deworm. nice. You look beautiful as usual. Erin too. tell her i said hi. i want to know details about whats going on. e-mail me. i'll e-mail you. you better respond. love ya
julie
i just read what i wrote and realized i can't spell. i was typing fast, i promise. i really do know how to spell "you've".
Post a Comment